- All Debates
- Popular Debates
- Active Debates
- New Debates
- Open Challenge Debates
- My Challenge Debates
- Accepted Challenges
- Debate Communities
- Argument Waterfall
- New People
- People by Points
1. Yes, I believe God has a plan for me and that he is omniscient. We actually do have true freedom, because although God knows what is going to happen, he isn't the one making it happen. Man has freedom.
2. It could be, but take America for example; we have a lot of different religions in America alone.
3. The serpent in Genesis may not have been a literal snake. The Hebrew word for serpent is "nahash", which indeed is a common word for snake, but it also means "to stand upright." Snake could also be a word play, because the Hebrew word for "deceive" is very close to it, and has the same root as magic and divination. So what if the "serpent" was really a spiritual power that appeared to the woman as a bright creature?
God had originally intended for Earth to be Heaven, and man would live forever in harmony with God, but since man sinned, God had no choice but to limit our life here on Earth, that way he could reach the actual Heaven.
4. In Genesis 6:5-6, when God says, "The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled," it is different from when he had first created man, because they were not wicked. Now every human is wicked except for Noah, and as you can see, God saves Noah.
5. If you look at the FULL context of that Exodus 4 instead of just looking at that one verse, you will see the Moses is telling God that he cannot be the spokesman for God because he is slow of speech and tongue. God then says, "Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord?" The purpose of this is so that God may show us how he can work through us, and he will use every mute, deaf, or blind person for his glory.
6. God allows it. It is man's fault that sin entered the world, and because of it the world is no longer perfect.
7. God is sinless. He is also a jealous God. Note the first commandment: You shall have no other Gods before me. Also note the second: Thou shalt not worship any false idols. In Exodus 32:27 when the Levites are given the command to kill, it is for good reason.
8. When Adam and Eve sinned, they brought sin into this world. We are not being punished for their sins. We all have a chance, a choice, to accept eternal life. We don't have to suffer in hell.
9. It is NOT sexist. If you actually read the Bible, you would have read the story of Deborah, who was a Judge of Israel and a warrior. There are also other female warriors mentioned. 1 Timothy 2:12 is about speaking in a church. Being a Preacher. While the Bible does not support the practice of women serving as pastors, numerous passages speak clearly and forcibly to the inherent worth and value of women.
10. Everyone knows of God. The Bible says, "The truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God" (Romans 1:19-20, New Living Translation).
11. Again, if you actually READ the full story, you would get the context here. The story goes like this: Jephthah made a rash vow that if God delivered Ammon into his hands he would sacrifice unto Him whatever came out of the door of his house to meet him on his victorious return. Jephthah likely thought one of the slaves would come out to greet him and be the burnt offering. God took Jephthah at his word, but he was stunned when he saw his precious daughter crossing the threshold to greet him. God answered his prayer and punished him through its answer. (If you read the earlier part of the story, you will realize that Japhthah seems to be a very arrogant man).
12. There is actually plenty of evidence for God if you choose to look at it as such.
13. I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. But I believe in the Big Bang. I believe that God said, "BANG" and it was big!
14. Uh... I don't know where you got this from, but never does it say in the Bible that babies go to hell. It is actually widely believe that all babies go to heaven because they aren't yet able to understand the truth.
Thank you for your time.
Well, I'm not as sure about Cuaroc, but FromWithin recently started a debate, went psychotic during it, then finally banned literally everyone with a dissenting view. He never answered questions about his repetitive rhetoric, either. That's pretty pathetic. Does he really add to the site?
DO you people not know how to read or did you just fail history class? Cause right now it seems like we have a bunch of dumb asses on this site. World War 2 already happened.
I posted on this debate upon the assumption that "WWII" was a typo, with the intended topic being "WWIII"
Fact machine I have had a problem with you since you first joined. You are nothing but a whining liberal. Get you're shit and get off this site. You do nothing and contribute nothing but bullshit. Cauroc duplicates fromwithins debates for those who get banned from the original debate. Their not the same person. And those 2 people have opposite political views.
Complete bull. You post long sermons attempting character assassination on anyone who disagrees with you. You lace it with insults, toss in deceptive and liar for everyone almost like you get royalties for saying them, moralize, and ban so much that participation in most of your debates is empty. You totally demand the whole human population agree with YOUR choice.
Technically their is not but it is frond upon when creating a debate. "Always search for dupes before you create a new debate. Although, you can recreate a debate if you think that an older debate hasn't been given a fair shake."
It is not a rule it is just a suggestion to keep the servers from being bogged down with a bunch a duplicates.
Did you know Hitler was before he grew to power a low ranking army foot soldier. He grew in power by giving speeches on how he could better Germany. He gave speeches and persuaded people with his words. He had support from those who followed him and he and his followers over threw the German government. So be careful who you call a Hitler
I really don't know which side of this I belong on, but I really wanted to bring up one of my favorite books - Time Enough for Love. It's about a man dictating his memoirs after a life of 3,000 or so years. He's decided it's time to die.
Ultimately, he changes his mind...
Don't know who down voted you. But I will fix that. Thanks for you're honesty and you're support. It is the type of christian you are that gives me hope is Christians still. A lot of Christians throw evil around like candy and give the religion a bad rep.
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse, and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you” Genesis 12 1-3
And yet you felt the need to write an essay
This is what really makes me scratch my head about some of the posters here. They seem to think quantity is equivalent to quality. In actual fact there is usually an inverse square relationship between these variables. If you can't explain your point simply and precisely then chances are high you don't know what you're talking about.