1. Of course, the President can only collapse the economy, right? If it doubles he had nothing to do with it...
2. Companies do not have to offer insurance right now, but they do; cost is not the only reason employers offer health insurance. It is likely that your company was exaggerating, though even if they weren't, having exchanges available to those whose employers do not offer insurance (and the self-employed, etc.) is a better option than that which existed prior to Obamacare. Also, if you lost your job and could not afford COBRA insurance you would lose coverage of preexisting conditions in the old system. And insurance companies have to spend 80-85% of premiums on actual medical costs instead of commercials and other overhead. And plans won't have annual or lifetime caps. And it limits waiting periods for coverage to 90 days. And, and, and....
3. Or, maybe they were thinking that the Republican House of Representatives has been intentionally obstructive even to ideas they used to support. And yet
- Unemployment has gone from a high of 10% to now under 8%
- housing starts and home values are up
- car companies are thriving
- the deficit went down $200 Billion dollars this year
- consumer confidence is up
Or, maybe they like the President's steadfastness about getting out of Afghanistan
Or, maybe they thought Romney had changed every position he has ever had and was willing to lie about Jeep moving jobs to China - therefore they decided they could not trust him.
Or, maybe they thought his mathematically impossible economic "plan" was just a list of mutually exclusive bullet points
Or, maybe they thought Romney was not deft at articulating a coherent foreign policy
Or, maybe they thought that he would appoint justices to the supreme court similar to Scalia
Or, maybe they thought he would be beholden to the Tea Party wing of Republicans (and the Republican party platform) which wants the 14th Amendment to the constitution to apply to blastocysts - and would criminalize in-vitro fertilization and most hormonal birth control and force women to have the children of their rapist.
or, maybe they were just happy or sad that day and voted based on emotion...
4. He didn't "create" them in the same way Romney wasn't going to "create 12 million new jobs". When he came into office the economy was losing 800,000 private sector jobs a month - over the last 32 months (of consecutive private sector growth) the economy has added 5 million jobs - I only require that you assign as much credit for the positive as you would blame for the negative.
5. which economic indicator do you look at that shows a melting down of the economy (besides the Fox News oh-shit meter)?