- All Debates
- Popular Debates
- Active Debates
- New Debates
- Open Challenge Debates
- My Challenge Debates
- Accepted Challenges
- Debate Communities
- Argument Waterfall
- New People
- People by Points
since Cerin had no rebuttle for you. I'd like to try. :D
ok so, slavery. They were all tryin to escape from us superior white people,and we wanted JUSTICE!!! Then we got compassion for them somehow, and now they live with us. With their hippity hop and grills and what not.
I've said this in another post here before, but it's the only response I have for this question. If you believe in fate, go driving, let go of the wheel, and slam on the gas for a few minutes. Don't worry, if your not supposed to die, you won't, but if you are, we'll that's one less irrational person on our hands.
This is selfish. Just because you get depressed seeing people loving each other and being happy doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to do it. If that were a proper motive to criminalize something, then there would be a lot of fat, lazy, ignorant americans locked up that depress me when I see them.
oh sorry, I went into "big picture" mode, those 206 days ago that I wrote that. Anyways, I no longer think only raising the minimum wage is going to solve much by itself. So I'm giving this one to you. Good job. I do still think that my salary change would work though. They would make it a living wage some how. Maybe by finding ways to lower cost. who knows? The point is, one of the priorities of the politicians would become: Making minimum wage a living wage.
1. Yea, nature should only happen in private...right.
2. What would be more gross to you? 1. Having that phlem in your mouth/eating it, or just spitting it out? Do you swallow? If so, thats pretty gross.
3. This annoys me too, but my free speech should not be restricted in any way, even in volume. So this one gets opposed too.
4. Agreed. This is proven to be dangerous. No argument here.
2. I like how you answered this one. Very dynamic. Much more all encompassing than my original point. I will say though, when it is your fault, you should blame yourself.
3. No system really. Just going on gut feeling. We were born with reason and feelings of guilt and fulfillment. I just run with that.
4. Yes, it is easy to form a community based on a mutual belief system of any type, religious or not. Easy does not mean it is a good idea. Also, yes, people with supernatural beliefs have done good things in the world. I wont deny that. But does the good outweigh the bad? I'm sure Nazis did a good thing or two every now and then. Does that mean there is a good reason to be a nazi? no, there isn't.
5. Jesus' teachings are just a bunch of rehashed morals from other previous religions (as best I can tell). I didn't mention him in my title because I wanted to be all-inclusive. I don't want any jews or muslims or whatever.. to miss out on my heathenism.
1. look at it this way, a long time ago, man theorized that the earth was flat, because he "needed" an answer. This was wrong, and probably prevented us from finding the rest of the earth sooner. False beliefs used to fill the gaps of what we don't know, prevent us from knowing more.
now, your reasons: 1: so you don't feel alone. A: get some friends. 2. you are being guided. A/Q: Then why live? 3. your beliefs don't cause harm. A: You don't know that. 4. You have a purpose here. A: If you think you have a purpose here, you must believe in fate. If you believe in something as silly as fate, do me a favor. Next time you are driving, close your eyes, slam on the gas, and take your hands off the steering wheel, and see where god wants you to go.
If my mom had me aborted, then my parents probably would have gotten divorced a lot sooner and they both might have had much happier lives. But I really have no idea how it could have turned out. That was just a guess. One thing I do know for sure is, I wouldn't have minded, because I wouldn't exist. Furthermore, If you fundamentalists are right, I would be in heaven instead of not existing, which I hear, is even better than living.
No. Even if people decide to make crazy debates like "how to properly rape a child", then it gives decent people the opportunity to tell them why they are screwed up in the head. Everything is debatable. Without communication we don't solve anything. ESPECIALLY for the things we don't want to see or debate about.
Yea, that's what this side of the argument was tagged as when I joined the debate. I suppose I could have made a new one, but I didn't think it would eventually oppose a problem. I was only going by the title of the debate. Obviously...
Well anyways, yea... don't just hand out condoms. That's not sex education.
I would say it's based more on being detrimental to the lives of the entire family, rather than just inconvenience. It's detrimental to the parents because babies are expensive to properly care for. It's detrimental to the child because it's born into a family that doesn't want and/or love it. No, this is not always the case, but it is often the case.
Preventing this type of family, and many other dysfunctional types, is a good enough reason for it to be a voluntary procedure, no questions asked. Only people who want babies, should get babies.
Do you think Susan B. Anthonys parents wanted her? They weren't disappointed. They had 6 more kids after her.