Does God's jurisdiction only cover Earth?
If there's sentient life on ANY of the billions of planets in the Universe, do they have a Jesus too??
I mean no disrespect, but how does religion deal with the discovery of BILLIONS of new planets every day? NASA says there are 100 billion planets just in our own galaxy, and there are trillions of galaxies in the Universe..
God's jurisdiction covers whatever YOU want it to cover, it might be the universe, it might be just the Bible from front cover to back cover. I believe God should cover whatever one wants S/HE/IT to cover in their own mind, in their own house of worship. They should live by their gods rules and let others live by THEIRS. Just like the universe, we live in our own as far as belief goes. some believe we are alone and we all have the same god. That has been hard to prove for as long as humans have existed just as life on other planets has.
You believe what you want. I believe it's impossible for billions of planets to be uninhabited. They will likely have their own beliefs, their own "god(s)".....or not. Hopefully, they will not fight about WHICH is the REAL one or whether S/HE/IT even exists, like WE do. I just hope, for OUR sake, they are not sexual predators! (If they ARE I would suggest they purchase some real estate in Alabama.)
The jurisdiction of Adonai extends to the farthest recesses of the universe, and higher and wider still, you talk about things you don't know anything about and in your arrogance you make claims based upon your ignorance. You don't have the balls to do some research to get a clue so you can present an argument which inspires a debate. You speak from your own foolishness, typical of a fool I suppose.
1. Historical evidence routinely includes ancient literature, business records, and government documents, analyzed in conjunction with linguistics, geography, and archaeological analysis of physical objects (pottery, coins, remains of buildings, etc.), using forensic science techniques.
2. After many millions of man-hours of research and evidence analysis, archaeology has repeatedly confirmed the reliability of the Bible. The Bible has been proven geographically and re-proven historically accurate, in the most exacting detail, by external evidences.
Here are some other facts to seriously challenge atheistically inclined mindsets. And food for thought, if the Bible is proven to be historically accurate what about the miracles which have taken place too?
3. The Bible has become a significant source book for secular archaeology, helping to identify such ancient figures as Sargon (Isaiah 20:1); Sennacherib (Isaiah 37:37); Horam of Gazer (Joshua 10:33); Hazar (Joshua 15:27); and the nation of the Hittites (Genesis 15:20). The biblical record, unlike other “scriptures,” is historically set, opening itself up for testing and verification.
4. Two of the greatest 20th-century archaeologists, William F. Albright and Nelson Glueck, both lauded the Bible (even though they were non-Christian and secular in their training and personal beliefs) as being the single most accurate source document from history. Over and over again, the Bible has been found to be accurate in its places, dates, and records of events. No other “religious” document comes even close.
5. The 19th-century critics used to deny the historicity of the Hittites, the Horites, the Edomites, and various other peoples, nations, and cities mentioned in the Bible. Those critics have long been silenced by the archaeologist’s spade, and few critics dare to question the geographical and ethnological reliability of the Bible.
6. The names of over 40 different kings of various countries mentioned in the Bible have all been found in contemporary documents and inscriptions outside of the Old Testament, and are always consistent with the times and places associated with them in the Bible. Nothing exists in ancient literature that has been even remotely as well-confirmed in accuracy as has the Bible.
External Evidence for the flood of Adonai (www.icr.org)
lol. To build on your question...
1) Is it possible the one we know as the All Powerfull God is really just the equivalent of a Mayor McCheese over this small burb? Is there a God Governor, God President, God Grand Pooba?
2) Is it possible indeed there is one God who is the Grand Pooba of everything in existence but as a result we're really not any more important than the one smelly homeless man in his constituency of a half million citizens?
Doesn't sound good for us either way.