The Ultimate Super-Hero
I'm not that familiar with Captain America, so I can't count him in my judgement.
But of the ones I do know about, Batman is the greatest. And I thought so even before the movies, which only confirmed my opinion beyond any reasonable deniability by anyone... ever.
1. He doesn't have any "super powers" like Superman or Spiderman. Conceivably any super rich playboy who is the CEO of a secret military technology developer (among other interests) and time and dedication to a righteous cause could be Batman.
2. I don't know, but I'm guessing he could get way more premium ass than any other superhero outside of maybe superman. But superman's an effing alien for Christ's sake.
3. In an episode of Justice League, aliens take over all the other superhero's brains and turn them evil, and who needs to save them with his superior intellect? Batman of course.
4. Batman could beat any other superhero at chess. Remember the cheesy tv show? He would play like 12 games at once and win them all in like three moves.
5. He has the coolest villain list by far. Joker, Scarecrow, Cat Woman, Poisno Ivy, Penguin, Mr. Freeze. Batman's villains would kick any of the other superhero's villain's asses. Granted Lex may give them some trouble, but compared to the Joker, Lex is a nun.
6. He's a ninja. Ninja's are masters of all fighting techniques. Nothing can beat a ninja.
7. Cooler gadgets. And the Batmobile is the coolest vehicle ever concieved.
You can end this debate now.
Batman definitely makes my top five (number two to be exact). But come on seriously how can you trump Nazis as the ultimate bad guys? Nazis and terrorists, and crazy megalomaniacs. The Red Skull may not be a clown but he's every much as nuts as the Joker and he's a Nazi (kind of sort of...really he just wants to rule the world, or kill Captain America, or destroy America, whichever comes first).
Anyway, like I said Batman made the short list for all the reasons you mentioned but he just couldn't compete in my mind; not for the top spot at any rate. See Captain America could beat Batman up and down the street. True Batman has all sorts of training and gadgets but Captain America doesn't take no for an answer. Plus you know, super strength and all that. Plus I'm fairly certain that Cap could beat Batman at chess any day of the week.
Side: Captain America
Ah! and lucky for the Nazi's Batman wasn't around!
but I've never read any Cpt. America comic, so I could be wrong.
What I do know is that Batman has a cooler uniform. I mean, red, white, and blue, I get it, he loves America, but does he even have a cape?
Maybe he does, I don't know. The shield is kind of neat though. What, he eats cereal out of it or something right?
Side: Captain America
First off it cant be any one from DC, so I'd have to go with the punisher because he's got military training. He has almost no morals so he'll kill just about every one. He has no family or girlfriend or wife he has to worry about protecting. And plus he has a skull on his shirt, he is basically the grim reaper with skin on him.
Side: the punisher
Hands down, Captain America. He's unrelenting, honest and courageous. He never compromises his ideals even when doing so is unpopular or even unlawful. In many ways he is the everyman of superheroes. True, he has super-human strength, speed, and agility but at the same time he is something that people can aspire to, unlike heroes like Superman, Spider-Man, or other true "supers" who inspire people (or in the case of Spider-Man try to inspire). His "powers" are simply the fulfillment of humanity's potential. And unlike heroes like Batman, Captain America (Rogers at least, Bucky's a whole different story on that front) has most of his marbles in one place. People may say that Cap is a relic from a lost era but I say he is a beacon of hope for the future.
Side: Captain America
I like both superheros, but i would have to choose Wolverine as the ultimate superhero. Wolverine has one power and it is his mutant healing factor. It would take so much to kill him compared to both Captain America and Batman. Wolverine feels all of the pain that is inflicted upon him, whether it be from himself or anyone else, and he still continues to put himself in places that will no doubt cause him physical harm. I mean every time he uses his claws he has to eject them through his skin, how many superheros hurt themselves before a fight. I know some of you might argue that Wolverine's adamantium and claws are powers, but they are not. His claws are part of his bone structure and the adamantium was put into him. As for characteristics, Captain America and Batman are both really great people that have really great character and thats where they probably beat Wolverine because he can be a pretty mean guy sometimes, but i mean if you were over 120 years old you wouldn't be that nice of a guy either. Look at some of the elderly people, they can be quite grumpy. Also, a lot of people choose Batman as the best because he has no powers. Well Iron Man has no powers and Captain America has no powers either, he is just altered by a serum.
It has to be Batman, I mean the guy can die just like any of us. He's believable, he wasn't morphed through radiation or any other improbable stuff like that. Bruce also gets all the booty he can possibly want. Hes got chicks swimming in a fountain! As for Capt. America all I know about him is that he got his ass beat by everybody in those old Marvel fight games!
You are all going to downvote me, but I don't care. For me its a tie, between Deadpool and Spiderman. Deadpool is crazy, yet trained and loves what he does. Plus he has swords and a healing factor. Yeah he is more of an anti-hero, but thats still a hero. As for Spiderman, I think he is the ultimate classic hero. He is just a normal guy trying to do the right thing. Even though he has powers he still works a job, and unlike Superman, actually gets fired for missing work. That and I think the spider-sense is tough to beat.
Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen
1. Made of Pure Energy
2. Can disentegrate matter with his mind
3. Can see past present and future at same time (if not encountering interference)
6. He's super naked... seriously, no one can stop him from being naked
7.Ability to change size
8. Doesn't need food, sleep, or air.
9.Only weakness is apathy and heartbreak... seriously
Side: Doctor Manhattan
when i pretended to be a super hero i pretended to be a phsycic, and that pretty much did everything. i could fly, pick things up, read peoples mind, move water, move the air, make shileds, etc. so me, i was always my favorite super hero! i'm my own idol.
Side: Doctor Manhattan