Which is the better social network? Facebook or Twitter?
Side Score: 3
Side Score: 0
To socially communicate with one another Facebook is better for the following reasons:
1) There is no 'chat' on Twitter.
Facebook chat enables people to talk to their friends with the knowledge that nobody else can see it. This means that people talk quite freely with one another without the risk of others rejecting their conversations as spam (because others can't see their conversations).
Twitter doesn't have chat, and because of the format and the fact that people don't have friends, it would actually serve as a disadvantage, and therefore the fact that the format of Twitter cannot have chat by default, means that Twitter is at a disadvantage to Facebook.
Facebook is better because it has the chat option.
2) Groups on Facebook allow people to stay in contact easier.
If I ever leave a school, group, job, or something like that, and I want to stay in contact with the people there, then Facebook is a better medium to do that. You can start groups, pages, and speak to the people who you have left through the option listed in the above point. Twitter has no such option and the lack of this means that people who wish to stay in contact with one another find a deficiency in what they are looking for. If people cannot stay in contact with one another after they leave a certain place then what is the purpose of a social networking site?
Facebook is better because it is easier to stay in contact with people.
3) Facebook is more widely used.
The purpose of a social networking site is to stay in contact with people whom you would otherwise lose contact with without finding another method. The idea is to make staying in contact easier. Without this there is a huge flaw in the network. Twitter has this huge flaw. Whereas with Facebook almost everyone you meet will have an account, with Twitter that is not always the case. In certain sorts of jobs, for example the media, people are more likely to have Twitter than if they have less publically-demanding careers. This means that although with Facebook people will almost always have an account registered, that is not the case with Twitter.
Facebook is better because more people use it, and therefore it is more successful in staying in contact with people.
295 days ago | Side: Facebook
1) Twitter is setup to aid and encourage stalkers. You can have stalkers on Facebook, however on Twitter you have followers, on Facebook you have friends.
2) The severe character limit on Twitter versus the loose if existent limit on Facebook.
3) Facebook is setup more like a profile with different tabs and pictures. Twitter focuses on small statuses.
4) Facebook is more community friendly, with the additions of groups, pages, lists, forums, games and chat.
5) Twitter is more for gossip. Facebook has more than just a status box.
There is plenty I dislike about Facebook, but I still prefer Facebook to Twitter.
Actually, I miss the old, original Myspace social network site. I liked being able to customize my profile and decorate to me.
295 days ago | Side: Facebook
No arguments found. Add one!