- All Debates
- Popular Debates
- Active Debates
- New Debates
- Open Challenge Debates
- My Challenge Debates
- Accepted Challenges
- Debate Communities
- Argument Waterfall
- New People
- People by Points
Your profile reflects your reputation, it will build itself as you create new debates, write arguments and form new relationships.
Yes, anything should be cool, but there are a few rules to keep in mind.
1. No profanity (yes we have tolerated it in the past), we are looking into anti-profanity filtering services.
2. If you have a topic that you feel would be offensive to a grade schooler (this site is used by many schools), it should be categorized as NSFW (Not Suitable for Work) which ensures it will never be displayed on the home page.
3. No personal attacks or threats
4. Zero tolerance for anything illegal
5. I am the moderator, and while I have my own beliefs, opinions and political alignment, I do not censor this site based on anything other than the above.
I agree with the following exceptions:
1. Most people when given moderator power become corrupt and delete accounts before asking questions and giving warnings (lynch mob mentality)
2. There is a report button on debates. It is not superficial though. Go to the show details drop down for any of the three categoried of debats on the home page, or debate listing and you will see the report button.
"bronto you filthy animal", no I believe that eating the entire bunch of grapes should be considered stealing. If the store doesn't have a "try it before you buy it" policy or a "samples are free" policy, then you are not invited to freely taste, test, eat or otherwise consume the product.
Shame on you!
Dear Arsenal, I a the owner of the website. I do not judge if something is rubbish, I try to make sure people stay within the guidelines. If Dadman had "followed the rules", he would have created his debate in the form of a question. That would have made him compliant. Interestingly, this post created quite a debate about several topics both directly related to the post and several that were both adjacencies as well as complete tangents.
Do you think his post is a debate? I do not think he meant it to be, but clearly it is!
Thanks for being a valued member!