Who's the retard that keeps posting the same thing over and over? What an idiot.
Anyway, as far as religion being good or bad, its neither. It is the people who are IN it that can be good or bad. Religion is people, people. It's a community of people who share the same idea about their particular God. And about what constitutes being Saved or in God's Grace and what is their God's Will.
I will admit that many evil things have been done in the NAME of religion, but usually this is just an excuse by the evil doers. To invoke the name of their God. Their real reason is always the same: power and control. Like the old saying, that Absolute Power Corrupts, Absolutely.
And man-made institution can become corrupted when it gets to big and powerful. This is not God's fault. He gives us every chance to escape from this trap. And he DOES love us and wants us to do better. Know that God despises corrupt religious practitioners even more than the atheists do.
You need to go and make your own debates, it's very easy.
In this " And man-made institution can become corrupted when it gets to big and powerful. This is not God's fault. He gives us every chance to escape from this trap. And he DOES love us and wants us to do better. Know that God despises corrupt religious practitioners even more than the atheists do.
God Bless."..........you are trying to take over the discussion here and going in your own direction, trying to take the leadership. Go make your own debates and be the leader there. I'm the leader here and I do not appreciate you trying to take over, forcing me to ban you.
Well that's nice I guess.....at least you concede that people who are called religious have done a lot of good, like starting orphanages, hospital, universities, huge charity organizations..........
But there is a point you seem to be missing for this discussion....did you watch the video?
The video is a complete waste of time. It tries to pretend that the only reason why theism is rejected is because of religious people. Theism is rejected because it has no basis outside of the imagination. It has nothing to do with crazy people like Saintnow existing.
I don't use religion to prove that what you say is wrong. It isn't that I don't want people to watch the video it is that the video is not applicable. Most arguments are made by religious crazy people who don't argue in favor of proving there is a God, but argue in favor of their particular God and things like hell. There is no reason to disregard religion in those cases.
1) it is equally condescending and dismissive of atheists as it claims they are to religion or creationism
2) it is basically one argument of logic presented as a read manuscript with a slide show. It's equivalent to a typical blog post by a holy roller.
3) the same behavior it attacks in atheists (closing their minds because they have issues with religion) is EXACTLY what you do on this site b closing your mind to any counter argument and then banning.
If you want to make your own stupid assessment of the film, and want your own stupid opinion to be dominate in the discussion, make your own stupid debate and dominate it there. You missed the whole point of the video if you watched it and you only came here to insult me, punk. You're just a punk, and not welcome in my discussions.
My mind is closed to you, punk, because I know you are only here to try to bully me into silence. You're just a punk, and I'm throwing you out of my house and please don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya, you big mouth stupid punk
Welcome to CreateDebate
CreateDebate is a social debate community built around ideas, discussion and democracy. If this is your first time checking out a debate, here are some quick tips to help get you started:
- Arguments with the highest score are displayed first. Argument replies (both in favor and in opposition) are displayed below the original argument. To follow along, you may find it helpful to show and hide the replies displayed below each argument.
- To vote for an argument, use these icons: You have the power to cast exactly one vote (either up or down) for each argument. Once you vote, the icon will become grayed out and the argument's score will change. Yes, you can change your vote.
- Debate scores, side scores and tag scores are automatically calculated by an algorithm that primarily takes argument scores into account. All scores are updated in real-time. To learn more about the CreateDebate scoring system, check out the FAQ.
- When you are ready to voice your opinion, use the Add Argument button to create an argument. If you would like to address an existing argument, use the Support and Dispute link within that argument to create a new reply.