If you could ask 5 Questions of a Gay person,what would they be?
Lately the site has become "Gay Crazy." Perhaps it's because of Prop. 8, I don't know. I do know that straight people have many questions they would like to ask of a Gay person but are afraid. embarrassed, don't want to seem less than P.C. and any number of reasons they don't. Well here's your chance! I don't know if there are any other gay people on the site who will wish to reply to the questions, but I will and I'm happy to do it if it creates just one iota of understanding or trust for just one person, it will have been worth it.
1. How do you deal with people that aren't accepting of your lifestyle?
2. Do you still practice your relgion even if it may not be accepting of your lifestyle?
3. Do you believe we will see within our next generation that gay marriage will be legalized and much more accepting?
4. If you have children, what would they call you and your partner? [ie: if they shout "mom!" all the time, both of you would be turning around....lol]
5. How do I better explain to people it is a lifestyle that they were born with and to simply accept it. They're probably not judging you for being heterosexual, so why judge them for being homosexual?
It has always been my belief that the more the straight community gets to know the gay community, the more they will see we are the same but for ONE thing. And in the summer, when all the Gay Pride Parades are on, go take a look. Because not only will you see the "crazies" they put on network news at 11:00 PM, you'll see an organized parade with all doctors marching together in a group...so too all firemen, policemen, service men, women and veterans, political people who are gay, teachers, business people and everyone you can never imagine marching in a Gay Pride Day parade. It ought to give them an idea of the number of people they represent. I've only gone to one in New York and I was flabbergasted at what I saw. When I came to St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC, I was so flabbergasted I could have died. Catholics standing across the street from the cathedral holding up signs that would tear your heart out. "Gays deserve to die." "Aids: God's revenge on Gays" "Get out of my school" "Gays only deserve one thing, to be slaughtered like pigs" and all sorts of slogans and hatred in front of this most beautiful Cathedral built to worship God! My God...My God who forgives and loves us all. It was heartbreaking to see but worse to hear them shouting this at the top of their lungs with such hatred. Come and know me before you hate me...otherwise how can you?
hi mpapaya! I'll try to answer you as best I can.
1. That truly depends on in what way (s) they are not accepting. For those who are so convinced there is no other way but their own, I simply speak to them and engage them in other conversation that will lead us to something prejudicial and then I will cross the bridge. For those that are not accepting but open to discussion, I discuss it with them. Many times in the way I am right now. Tell me what you think and feel and I'll answer you. To neither do I twist arms till they break nor do I make them feel badly for thinking and feeling the way they do.
2. Yes, I do and I am finding that all religions, outside of the Catholic or Orthodox religions are coming out there for us and accepting us gladly. We have ministers and priests that have been ordained as openly Gay. Nothing is perfect...no religion, no Bible, no other book about it nor what people have to say about it on the religious right. But, we must all live our beliefs.
3. Yes, I do see that coming in the next generation (s). We're so very close right now that there will come a day when the people who are knocking on the doors of Washington, D.C. will have enough names and sponsors so that we can no longer be ignored. Our numbers are growing and not because there are any more of us, but because people in general are less afraid of identifying themselves.
4. Yes...that's true, lol, but I have the same situation right now anyway! I do have a daughter and her husband's name is Chris...if someone yells for Chris, we answer..."Which one?"
5. Well, first off I think people are fairly judgmental about some thing whether they care to admit it or not. Secondly, there is information out there, and available on the Internet that will prove to them that it's not a choice. So many things have been proved, researched and presumed that it's difficult to read it all. In 1991 when Dr. Simon LeVay, a neurobiologist first found the differences in the brains of gay man and gay women as opposed to their counterparts it got the ball rolling. They were able to do these first studies due to the HIV/AIDS epidemic that was killing our men! Autopsies were done and they showed, conclusively that there were differences in the hypothalamus. If anyone does a search on his name alone, they'll have their answers. It's just too bad it had to take so many deaths before this was exposed but sometimes that's what it takes.
I hope I've answered your questions in full. If not don't hesitate to have me clarify something for you.
1. Okay, so if a dude's girl starts making out with another girl, for the most part he thinks it's hot, and doesn't mind at all. So if a gay dude sees his gay dudefriend making out with another dude, would that be like a straight dude watching his girl make out with a chick? Or like watching his girl make out with a dude?
2. Why do so many super hot lesbian chicks hook up with the man-beast women who want to be men? Why not just hook up with a man then?
3. Are gay guys who are flaming gay guys just putting on an act? I mean, they still have balls and testosterone. Why would they act so over-the-top feminine?
4. Can a really hot gay person get off just by looking at themself in the mirror?
5. Is anal sex a cure for constipation?
I expect all of these questions answered promptly.
Side: no seriously
Wow David...only for you would I act so promptly...lol!
1. A very interesting point because most straight guys love the thought, just sexually now, of two women being together and him perhaps joining in as a threesome. With straight guys and gay guys the thought is abominable to them unless they can get past their inhibitions. They don't find THAT hot or sexy at all! To answer your question it would be that the straight dude would take it like she was making out with another dude and he wouldn't like it much!
2. This is an excellent question and I'm glad you asked it! There exists in the populations of real Gay people those that have been abused and put upon in some horrid way so that they are fearful of the sex perpetrated this on them, and unfortunately it's usually a male. These are the people who need to be in therapy rather than join a world in which they don't really belong. They really are straight, but feel nurtured by the same sex and they can fit in somehow. You will see this in females more than males. She's still a very hot female but she's looking for something as close to a man as possible. These are the counterpart to the "flaming fags" of New York and San Francisco...two very popular Gay cities where one can get lost in the life and no one will say anything to them. Now, you can see by my description that these two have some deep rooted psychological problems and those relationships don't last very long because they're not real. The only thing that is real is their fears. They wouldn't be able to hook up with a man so one becomes man-like and the other maintains her perceived femininity and is safe with the woman who looks like more of a man than you do! In todays world there is no longer a reason to dress that way but there was at one time...a long time ago.
3. Do you know how many sex changes take place each year and how many of them are male? 99% of all changes are men. Their hormone levels resemble those of women and they really feel they were meant to BE women. Some just like to be flamboyant and dress up and some make their living that way...drag shows are very popular everywhere and they make great money. Many put on an act but I'll tell you this...if you saw them dressed in a three piece suit going to business, and they opened their mouth to speak to someone, you'd laugh your ass off because it looks like something just doesn't fit!
4. Any narcissist can do that, straight or Gay.
5. No, as a matter of fact it's a precursor to hemorrhoids!
Very prompt indeed! Ya think this is easy? LOL! XXXOOOXX
Side: no seriously
Thank you for answering my question. Now I'm encouraged to ask another.
The only way I can come up with that gay women could do that is, and I hope this doesn't sound vulgar, with a strap on.
My question is, for the person playing the submissive role, how is it different than if a man was doing it?
If you new a sensitive man that you trusted and cared about, could you have relations with him?
I'm really glad you are giving us the opportunity to ask question we would otherwise never ask. I must admit that I'm a little embarrassed because of the open forum and because these questions are so intimate but I just had to know.
Side: no seriously
Wow. Who could pass up a debate when phrased like that! ;)
My only one is:
On your profile you say you are "Protestant". While that can mean many things, it is certain that you would follow the Bible. Correct?
The fundamental principle of traditional Protestantism is
Supremacy of the Bible:
The belief in the Bible as the sole infallible authority.
(courtesy of Wikipedia)
Why then, I am wanting to know, would you choose a lifestyle that goes against the words of the Bible? The "infallible authority"...I am sincere in this question, and in no way am I questioning you on your morals or ethics. I just would like to know your reasoning...
Side: no seriously
Yes, I am Protestant and I am a Lutheran by the way.
Yes, we follow the Bible which is slightly different than the Catholic Bible. I'm sorry, but I've never heard that the fundamental principle of traditional Protestantism is the Supremacy of the Bible, nor have I heard it referred to as the sole infallible authority. I have a very good friend who happens to be a Lutheran Pastor and I will ask him over this week-end, which is when we will next speak.
But let's get to the crux of your question and I will try to explain this to you to the best of my ability. I know you are sincere in your question "Pub" and I know you are not trying to question my morals or ethics.
I reason it thusly. Firstly, you must, for the sake of understanding this, break away from your thought that Homosexuality is chosen by the person. I've known I was gay since I was four years old. I didn't know what it was, I just knew I felt differently about lots of things. When I got into my teens the question of my homosexuality would haunt me. When I was 19 years old I made my final leap into the unknown, as a complete lifestyle change. For the first time in my life I felt whole and as if this is where I belonged. I thought much about God and the Bible and about all sorts of things. But your question is really asking how can I do this or be this in light of what is written in the Bible. OK, fair enough.
The Bible was written by men. Is it infallible? I believe it is in some ways, and not in all the ways that suit me! It has been translated and fought over for hundreds of years. The Old Testament, for me, is historical and it always has been. How else can you reconcile the teaching of Jesus Christ in the New Testament to an eye for an eye in the Old? I must tell you that I have always believed I was born this way. I have no CHOICE in the matter. When the time comes for me to leave this Earth there is no one that will judge me but God himself. He knows my heart and he knows my soul just as he knows every part of my being. I have always felt he would judge me fairly and have never been afraid to be who I am. I know I am OK in his eyes and that I will be in heaven one day to live in my "room." I fear not for I know I am right in this. If I lived my life in any other way I would be untrue to myself and all the people I know. I would have to lie and hide. These are things I cannot do. I cannot betray myself nor can I betray others. That is my reasoning. If you have further questions, and I know you will, please feel free to ask them. ;-)
Side: no seriously
Wow. I have always been curious of the stance homosexual Protestants took on their religion. Thank you so very much to take the time to explain this.
The comment regarding the Bible being infallible was simply copied and pasted from Wikipedia itself. I never fully trust Wikipedia so here is another claim I found:
"Homosexuality: The Lutheran Evangelical Protestant Church follows the Bible in all matters of faith including the issue of homosexuality. We will not knowingly ordain any practicing homosexual to the Christian ministry. Our belief is that this should not be an issue causing division and debate within the Church at large, as Holy Scripture already settles the debate. We believe that according to scripture Homosexuality is a sin. I Corin. 6:9-11, Lev. 18:22, Romans 1:21-32.Our Christian faith and our love of Christ calls upon us to to love the sinner but hate the sin. This we endeavor to do. Our clergy will continue to minister to all people,following the example of our Lord, Jesus Christ."
Now, if this came from any ole' site I would push it aside and disregard. However this statement came directly from, "THE GENERAL CONFERENCE OF EVANGELICAL PROTESTANT CHURCHES(GCEPC), INC."
I assume these are the agreed on beliefs of your religion. However, not every church-goer abides by all things their church believes. Just the same, not every church of the same religion abides by the same principles. Please, let me know what your Pastor says. I am extremely curious as to what your church, in particular, believes.
I attend a non-denominational church. So, in many people's eyes I am not Protestant. Well, the term Protestant is so stretched, I don't know what I am...I am simply a Christian.
I have heard so many times that the Bible could have very well been translated wrong. I will never agree with that. I am just one of those people who believe in "The Breath of God" to be "The Breath of God" and will not tolerate any questioning of it. In the New Testament, I cannot remember the exact scripture at the moment, it is written that the Old Testament ways have been changed. We no longer have to sacrifice etc... With that being said, I will say this...The Bible is the one document that applies to every situation. The Constitution had to have amendments to adapt. The Bible remains the same because it is just that, a Bible. I trust in its teachings, and it provides answers. Therefore, if I were to speak to someone who knew they had a hormones that had balanced them towards homosexuality I would show them direct scripture in the Bible. Then, I would simply let them choose their future. Like you said, God knows us. He knows what we are going through, and it is not of man to decide whether or not something is wrong or right, it is God's.
One more thing. When you say, "The Old Testament, for me, is historical and it always has been" I wonder if you think the only mention of sexuality being wrong is in the Old Testament? Well, just to make sure here you go...I have nothing else to do so I am spending a TON of time on this ;)...
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
by International Bible Society
9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.
21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25because they exchanged the truth about God for(G) a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator,(H) who is blessed forever! Amen.
26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know(O) God’s decree that those who practice such things(P) deserve to die, they not only do them but(Q) give approval to those who practice them.
See, nothing else to do! =]
Also, I might add, if you have any questions for us straight people I would be glad to answer ;)...
I kid, I kid...
Side: no seriously
1. Do you believe that being gay is against the rules of Natural Selection?
2. Cather or Pitcher? Top or Bottom?
3. Do you hate stuff like Spike TV which encourages manliness and makes a lot of gay jokes?
4. Would you have voted for Lincoln if he were running today?
5. and finally... Why So Serious? (said with a lisp ;)
Side: no seriously
1. Most probably yes, since we do not reproduce unless the premise makes room for those who have been impregnated by other means and have the herated traits of the mother. The father may never be known. I'm not a Darwinist and haven't read about it in many a year, so if things have changed I wouldn't know.
3. I don't hate anything on Television. It's too contrived. I've always laughed at gay jokes, if I find them funny!
4. If you're referring to the possibility that he may have been a homosexual, I'm not certain. We've learned more about him in retrospect than anyone back then could have ever known about him unless they were close by. In today's word a resounding yes to a vote for Lincoln from what I know about him.
5. Serious? Why not?
Side: no seriously