Should early abortion be legal?
Side Score: 17
Side Score: 14
I've been breathing for over 80 years. I've been through an abortion. I'm not the LEAST bit undecided. My first wife went through an abortion that allowed her to have two more years with her 6 and 8 year old daughters, at a critical time! I have NO question about pro choice! I also used to read the papers and watch on TV, the weekly, at least, stories of the bodies of babies AND mothers found in alleys, woods and rivers after an illegal abortion! THAT will begin again if Roe v Wade is abolished!
Take a deep breath and decide on THAT! Coat hangers, anyone??!
Slapping a ban on something because you don't like it does not address or solve a problem. It gives no consideration to very simple laws of economics. Ban abortion (or any other good or service) and this does nothing to reduce demand. The very most you can hope for is to change hearts and minds one at a time, but the public isn't magically going to conform to your subjective version of morality just because a law has changed and to hope for such an event is to practice delusion. Where there is that demand, there will in some form be supply- which is made all the easier with the spread of information through the internet. Home "remedies" (if I may be so crass as to refer to it as such) will skyrocket- I hope I do not have to explain to you the risks involved with such a procedure being performed by someone on themselves without experience or regulation. Similar risks exist in people using back-alley clinics- and if the people running those clinics have no respect for the law or regulation, then there is little to guarantee that they will adhere to standards of safety, either.
I understand the argument that abortion is murder. I still believe it is a woman's right to choose, far more than it is my right. That said, a ban will not make the problem go away. In the meantime, it's far better to have these procedures performed by qualified doctors in sanitary facilities, at comparable risk to the life and well being of the mother as childbirth.
Do you ever listen to your words?
I want you to use your same ludicrous excuses for keeping No Restriction abortions legal, and eliminate murder laws that protect your life.
You say a ban on convenience abortions will not make the problem go away.
Newsflash! We have laws that protect your life from murderers, yet murders never go away. YOUR MINDLESS POINT?
So your selfish inhuman logic of how abortions will never completely go away, and therefor keeping it legal, is insane!
For every law we have in civilized society, there will always be those that still break the law. SO WHAT! If a law helps cut down on the taking of innocent life, then the law is a good law!
Yes there will always be selfish inhuman people who ignore the law.
Do you like laws protecting your life even though the problem of murder will always be with us?
I guess since you can vote for laws protecting your life, you want to keep them even though they do not work. What? You say that laws protecting your life do have an impact on the majority of people?
YES THEY DO, and in the same ways, laws preventing convenience abortions will have an impact on many millions of unborn lives.
A viable unborn baby has no vote and therefor no power when it come's to it's own life. We once had decent compassionate loving people who took a stand for that baby's right to life.
And good afternoon to you too, FromWithin, although I'd far rather be having this conversation with someone possessing a healthier relationship with reality. As such, I'll keep this brief by linking to a debate I already wrote addressing everything you just said.
No, I do not give a tin shit about the life of a fetus weighed against freedom of choice, and I highly suggest you get the hell over that, because we're not going anywhere. I'll never be able to convince you that a fetus is not worth a human life and I doubt you'll be able to convince me of the opposite, nor do I have the time or patience to beat a dead horse. We've already had this discussion and it isn't going anywhere, nor will it until you realize that you're hurting your own cause. If you insist on legislating away all of our problems without even considering responsibility for the negative consequences that would ensue, I suggest you take your delusion elsewhere. My recommendation is that you shack up with the liberals and start waving signs to take the guns away- but hey, you do you, as long as you don't expect me to further take you seriously.
This is what pro abortion supporters do to deceive the public & hide the inhumanity of their policies.
1) Steer the abortion conversation to life of mother & rape pregnancies, to Zygotes & first trimester abortions, all to deflect what they really support which is No Restriction abortions of all babies, even viable babies for any reason up to birth. This is the first thing pro choice people do. The GOP has allowed extreme case exceptions since abortion was legalized yet we still hear every day about these extreme rare cases. Lie, deceive, exaggerate, etc. all to condition the electorate to think the GOP wil deny these extreme case abortions.(by the way, rape pregnancies can be prevented within a day or two with a doctor visit)
2) They talk about the medical name of an unborn Baby..... Fetus. By using the name Fetus, they somehow believe it changes the status of the life growing inside the mother. Somehow in their thinking, a Baby that has not yet traveled through the birth canal is somehow different than it is after it is has moved down that canal. WOW, TALK ABOUT DENIAL!
3) They talk about the supposed hard life these unwanted children will have if allowed to live. So in all their God like powers, they know the future of every Baby aborted? How many great people have come from poverty or foster homes, etc.? To be so arrogant to allow the deaths of innocent life because of some perceived hard life is beyond diabolical.
4) Pro choice people like to say they do not personally believe in abortion, but would afford other's the choice to end the lives of their unborn Babies. Gee, how nice of them. I always wonder how a person who personally believes that aborting his own Baby is wrong because it is ending a human life, can support allowing other babies to die. HYPOCRITE PHONEY!
5) After all the scare tactics and deceptions, their next step is to lie and say they do not support late term abortions for any reason. They refuse to accept accountability for supporting all late term abortions of even viable babies every time they vote for Democrats who support it.
6) The Democrat Party and the Left even supports killing viable special needs babies, for any reason up to birth, for merely being different from them. That's like the Nazi mentality where we only want blond haired blue eyed people being born in Germany. In all their arrogance, they will deem who is deserving of life. Where is all their talk about diversity, inclusiveness, compassion? I guess these special Olympic children actually mean nothing to them. Their lives are disposable.
7)How many times do we listen to pro abortion groups telling us how we have no right telling a woman what she can do with her body. WE ARE NOT TELLING HER WHAT SHE CAN DO WITH HER BODY! We are telling her what she can't do to the other body inside of her. She should have no right to dismember that body. Stay out of that baby's uterus!
I am not here trying to judge any woman who has had an abortion. I'm trying to bring humanity back to our nation by protecting our most innocent vulnerable lives.
You are coming off as slightly unhinged. First you assert that all pro-choice people want the same thing then go on to call people nazis for aborting a fetus they know will grow up to be mentally or physically challenged. That's not at all the same as racism where you literally descriminate against people for being different, that is aborting a legitimately defective undeveloped fetus that isn't even sentient yet.
You must be new to this site if you are going to waste our time talking about undeveloped fetuses.
Read 1) once again!
The Democrat Party supports No Restriction abortions of viable unborn babies at any stage. These are the facts!
If you elect these politicians, you yourself are supporting No Restriction abortions.
Yet here you are talking about undeveloped fetuses. What does viable mean to you?
To most people it means that the baby will survive if allowed to live.
Am I going too fast for you? Please stay on topic and address how the Left supports killing VIABLE babies for any reason. Do not bring up ludicrous excuses by talking about undeveloped fetuses, or extreme case abortions.