Who is the better role model? Gi Jo or Barbie
witch is the better role model for kids in general not just girls or boys
Side Score: 24
Side Score: 8
GI Jo kicks ass and is an American Hero.
More kids should learn to be Patriots who will fight for their country.
Plus, Guns and high tech technology is so awesome to get boys into.
Girls... well, Barbie is alright (don't know why the slut comment, it's not like Barbie has her own "suck dick" feature). But it's not really a role model, just a role play thing. They use barbie to do shit. but it can be anything.
GI Joes are specific, kick ass and save your country. fuckin' awesome.
Side: Gi Jo
Now they're both fine role models,
And I have a bone to pick with the Barbie haters I'll talk about on the other side.
Okay, GI Joe is better, because he has a specific cause, that is to protect America/get the bad guys,
While Barbie just kind of is. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're aspiring to something more than yourself, GI Joe is great.
Side: GI Joe
yes barbie is becuase they teach kids about matching cloths and hair styles and other things about socicity that are needed to be known about, and i know some poeple are gonna say well she is to skinny, and yes she is but the real question here is that is having a eating disorter, namely one that makes for a loss of waight is actuly bad, if we don't have any then the obicity level would rise and yes it is bad if you are skinney and don't eat, but if you are, fat, then not eathing is a good idea and should be considered because however "bad" not eathing is, it is not as bad as being fat
also the "sex toy" argument well the kids number one don't know this and number two are gonna find out with or with out barbie
Side: pro barbie
Barbie is a doll that is despised by parents why? because the children want to be just like barbie which is not good people die from eating disorders and being too skiny, and with or without barbie america is lazy and we would still be obese.
Mainly the people who have eating disorders are already skinny but they consider themself fat because of these toothpick figures that barbie is advertising
Side: Gi Jo
Okay, GI Joe is a better role model.
But let me say something,
there is nothing nothing wrong with Barbie.
There's nothing wrong with anyone wanting to look like Barbie.
The only possible evil is a percieved materialism, but that's percieved, I haven't seen the Barbie movie.
Now to the "it's bad for girls to want to look like Barbie" fallacy,
There's nothing wrong with wanting to look like anything.
1. It's only wrong if one uses unhealthy means to obtain it. But that has 0 to do with the plastic doll.
2. The idea of too lofty expectations when it comes to appearence is ridiculous. Girls (along with guys) need to be raised in a way that they are well adjusted enough that not winning the genetic lottery doesn't inherently mean a life of misery.
3. Americans are too fat. Obviously all this terrible pressure not to be isn't working anyway.
4. Back to my second point, girls (and boys) need to be raised to understand it's perfectly okay, and even healthy to aspire to peak physical health, be okay with themselves if it simply is not genetically possible for them, and not hate those who are lucky (like Barbie even though she's fake) just because they're lucky.
5. Not really part of the arguement, but I'm in a listing mood. All these celebrities with the "I'm fat, and I'm beautiful" and I don't have to exercise, and I can eat like a pig because I love myself, are way more dangerous than Barbie.
Yes, some people are more genetically predisposed to be big. No one, no one is genetically predisposed to be obese ever, and especially before the age of 40 or so.
Side: GI Joe
Barbie is far superior to GI JOE. She can entice him with her phat titties.
In all seriousness, I am arguing for the underdog. GI JOE promotes violence and war. Barbie just promotes being a doctor... or a vet.... or having a nice car... or whatever weird toyset she is in these days. All positive. Barbie is a better role model for kids.