Are you a real Christian if you are pro-abortion
Ten biblical episodes and prophecies provide an unequivocal expression of God's attitude toward human life, especially the ontological status of "unborn children" and their pregnant mothers-to-be. Brief summaries:
• A pregnant woman who is injured and aborts the fetus warrants financial compensation only (to her husband), suggesting that the fetus is property, not a person (Exodus 21:22-25).
• The gruesome priestly purity test to which a wife accused of adultery must submit will cause her to abort the fetus if she is guilty, indicating that the fetus does not possess a right to life (Numbers 5:11-31).
• God enumerated his punishments for disobedience, including "cursed shall be the fruit of your womb" and "you will eat the fruit of your womb," directly contradicting sanctity-of-life claims (Deuteronomy 28:18,53).
• Elisha's prophecy for soon-to-be King Hazael said he would attack the Israelites, burn their cities, crush the heads of their babies and rip open their pregnant women (2 Kings 8:12).
• King Menahem of Israel destroyed Tiphsah (also called Tappuah) and the surrounding towns, killing all residents and ripping open pregnant women with the sword (2 Kings 15:16).
• Isaiah prophesied doom for Babylon, including the murder of unborn children: "They will have no pity on the fruit of the womb" (Isaiah 13:18).
• For worshiping idols, God declared that not one of his people would live, not a man, woman or child (not even babies in arms), again confuting assertions about the sanctity of life (Jeremiah 44:7-8).
• God will punish the Israelites by destroying their unborn children, who will die at birth, or perish in the womb, or never even be conceived (Hosea 9:10-16).
• For rebelling against God, Samaria's people will be killed, their babies will be dashed to death against the ground, and their pregnant women will be ripped open with a sword (Hosea 13:16).
• Jesus did not express any special concern for unborn children during the anticipated end times: "Woe to pregnant women and those who are nursing" (Matthew 24:19).
The obvious flaw in this logic is that in the examples, people are falling into the judgement of God per omniscient morality.
So the unborn deserve to be punished for the sins of their parents, God can do whatever he wants and it's good no matter what because he's god, and the blatant examples of god allowing humans to abort and requiring only that the father be compensated by the wife financially for the loss of "property" don't exist because you can't think or read. gotcha
You are doing what every anti Christian bigot does, which is to post Old Testament verses to somehow equate those with the New Testament Christian faith.
The Old Testament is built around old Jewish law, and dealing with evil warring nations.
Christ died for our sins and changed Old Testament Jewish law.
If you are going to judge Christians, try quoting the New Testament. Otherwise, don't waste our time with your bigotry towards people of faith.
If you are going to try to equate God killing evil people in the Old Testament, with today's Democrat supporting the killing of viable babies FOR ANY REASON, then don't waste our time.
If you are saying God went too far when allowing babies to be killed in wars, then how much further have people like you gone when supporting the killing of even viable unborn babies for mere convenience.
Do you have any idea how ludicrous and hypocritical your argument?
Its built around old jewish law.
They have the same god as the christian god.
How do you not see how he is still responsible for the horrible shit in the old testament?
God himself came up with horrid rules then invented a convoluted scheme where he sacrifices himself to himself to change the rules that he couldve just changed all along because hes omnipotent.
You have a god who is all powerful and boundless yet somehow bound by imaginary spiritual rules that demand that he do a sacrifice. HE IS GOD. HE MAKES THE RULES. Why the hell would he not just change the rules to not require a sacrifice?
Nothing about your retarded religion makes any sense and you know that deep down. does it get exhausting listing out 20 different excuses for the blatant falsehoods, absurdities, and internal inconsistency of your god/faith?
And your last point you dont even dispute that god kills babies. You admit god kills babies. Your only argument is "yeah well you support killing unborn babies too!"
yeah i do. So does your god. Im not the one who is suggesting abortion is immoral. Your god is. So why does he defy his own command?
You have no answers
This will be my last response to a hatefilled anti Christian bigot who calls another person faith as retarded. What kind of insecure fool wastes his time demonizing someone else's beliefs?
God never supported killing unborn babies for mere convenience. He understood that innocent lives would be lost in wars, just as they are today.
It's sick evil people today who have made it legal to purposefully kill innocent babies for mere convenience. Your sick hypocritical judgment of God is truly mind blowingly ludicrous when you support far worse!
This is a tough question. The same goes to the question, "are you a real Christian if you (fill in the blank) steal, curse, lie, etc.
The amazing thing about Christianity is that it is a non-judgmental religion if you are in it. God doesn't want us to be separated from Him. Therefore, he came to die for our sins so that we could be justified and innocent before Him on judgment day. This means, if you are a TRUE Christian, not just professing (this only you can know), you are innocent before God.
What does this mean though? It means that no matter WHAT you do, it could be the most heinous crime, you are still saved, a child of God. I know this sounds crazy, but there is absolutely NO sin that can separate us from God once we are saved. We are forever justified. Jesus has taken our every sin on himself.
What the heck, you say? Well, there is a caveat to this. There is something called "sanctification." This means that when you become a better Christian, a TRUE Christian. God will work in your life to make you more like Him, more perfect. You wouldn't continue being pro-abortion because God would begin working on your conscience to show you that abortion is wrong. You wouldn't commit a heinous crime because God would make your heart repulsed at the idea.
To summarize this, in Romans 6:1-2, Paul (the author) says, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Certainly not! How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer in it?"
What this is saying is that we are dead to sin's impact on us, it no longer masters us but we master it! Therefore, why would we stay in a pit of mud when we can see the beauty of the world outside the pit? We'd leave the pit! That is the longer answer to your very good question! God Bless!